Flower City Comic Con is committed to fostering an atmosphere where fans can count on a safe, inclusive, and rewarding comic-con experience. This includes creating Flower City Comic Con as an inclusive space for fans, with a zero-tolerance policy against harassment, groping, stalking, and inappropriate photography. Gender-based harassment doesn't have to happen in the workplace to be unacceptable.
Cosplay and Weapons
We understand that cosplay is a HUGE part of making our con fun, so we want to make sure that everyone has a fun and safe time at the con. Please read this policy and follow the rules! If you violate this policy, you could be asked to leave Flower City Comic Con without a refund.
Any weapon that could seriously hurt somebody is not allowed. Specifically, but not limited to:
- Functional firearms – that includes paintball, airsoft, bb guns, cap guns, any gun that shoots a real projectile or causes a real explosion.
- Realistic firearms – any gun that could be confused for a real gun.
- Prop weapons made of a hard material such as metal or glass
- Functional projectile weapons – any weapon (crossbow, slingshot, etc) that discharges a projectile
- Metal-bladed weapons
- Blunt weapons
- Loud props such as whistles, horns, etc.
- Prop weapons are allowed at Flower City Comic Con, as long as they meet the following criteria
- That they are composed of cardboard, foam, something light.
- Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons.
- The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps.
- Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips and will not be shot.
Prop weapons will be allowed into Flower City Comic Con at the discretion of Flower City Comic Con staff and uniformed security personnel. Safety is paramount, we will always err on the side of caution. There will be no place to store prohibited weapons on-site. If you have a weapon that is prohibited, you will be escorted from the building and not allowed back in with the weapon.
Please use common sense! We are trying to create a safe space for everyone.