Thanks for your interest in volunteering with Flower City Comic Con! We want to provide a place where all fans can come together and have a great time with each other, and volunteers are a huge part of providing a great time for all! Please review our volunteer policies below.
All policies will be strictly enforced.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO VOLUNTEER
- We ask that all volunteers work a minimum of one full 5 or 6 hour shift.
- We prefer all volunteers work at least 1 Saturday shift. Saturday is our busiest day and we will need all the help we can get, so anyone who is able to work a shift on both Saturday AND Sunday will get preference. If you have special scheduling needs, and are only able to work Sunday, please note this on your application.
- All volunteers must wear their name badge while in the convention center or while working any pre-con events.
- Floor volunteers are not allowed to carry cameras or take photos while on duty.
- Volunteer shirts are to be worn during the work shift at all times. They are not to be worn inside the event after your shift ends, but they are yours to keep after the event.
- All volunteers should wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Please refrain from wearing torn or dirty clothing or open-toed shoes. Comfortable walking shoes are best, as most volunteers will be doing a lot of standing and/or walking.
- We ask all volunteers to act in the best interest of Flower City Comic Con by respecting attendees, fellow volunteers and staff, as well as promoting a safe and healthy environment. Please familiarize yourself with the Harassment Policy.
- Volunteers must refrain from any deliberate acts that may create a dangerous or unhealthy situation during the show. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal drugs, consumption of alcoholic beverages and assaulting, threatening or disregarding the safety of an individual. Anyone who might be under the influence or is exhibiting dangerous or risky behavior, will be reported to security immediately.
- Volunteers are not permitted to use their volunteer status to promote or conduct personal business. Anyone caught doing so will be escorted off the premises and have their badge/wristband revoked.
- The Green Room is OFF LIMITS to all volunteers. If you are escorting a celebrity guest to the Green Room, your duties end at the door.
What kind of help do we need? Responsibilities could include access control, registration, assisting guests, assisting with operations, line control, or other duties not listed here that come up before or during the event. All volunteers should be prepared to tackle any task given to them by Flower City Comic Con Staff, but you will not be asked to do anything that you can’t or don’t want to handle.
This will be fun! But before you sign that dotted line, please make sure you can adhere to our Rules of Conduct.
Volunteer Rules of Conduct
Please read the Volunteer Rules of Conduct. By submitting this application, you agree that you have read and agree to these Rules of Conduct, and further attest that to your knowledge, you have no discrepancies that would be of concern, such as a restraining order or evidence of illegal behavior.
- Respect the property of the convention site, the fans, guests, staff members, and fellow volunteers.
- Respect the direction and decisions of the Flower City Comic Con Staff.
- Perform your duties to the best of your ability and advise the Volunteer Coordinator if you are unable to work as scheduled.
- Deal with conflicts or difficulties in an appropriate manner and contact Flower City Comic Con Staff for help with this type of situation.
- Do not represent yourself as Flower City Comic Con Staff or make official statements on behalf of Flower City Comic Con.
- Be courteous, friendly, and cooperative.
- Smiles are contagious! Be sure to wear yours at all times. It will make people wonder what you're up to.
If you're interested in volunteering, please fill out our Volunteer Application Form.