Please read these terms carefully. You are the Artist. Mighty Monkey Productions is the Promoter. Flower City Comic Con 2017 is the Event.
- Payment – Artist agrees to pay for exhibit space, and that no space is held until paid in full. There will be a $30.00 fee for checks returned unpaid.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy – Artists canceling before December 1, 2015 will receive a refund of 75% of the total table price (provided they have paid in full). Artists canceling before February 1, 2016 will receive a refund of 50% of the total table price. Cancellations on or after February 1, 2016 entitle Artist to no refund of payment.
- Table Space – Table space is made up of 6’ skirted tables and two chairs. Artist table placement is not guaranteed, but Promoter will act in good faith when possible to accommodate requests and make as few changes as possible after the event diagram has been released. Artist agrees not to use any area outside of their designated space for sales, storage, display, or advertisement, and to be respectful of their neighboring Artists. Artist agrees to keep table space clean and presentable during the Event. Exhibits must remain whole until the event has ended.
- Occupation of Space – Artist will be assigned a numbered space by Promoter after they have paid in full. Artist agrees to occupy the space they are assigned at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the Event on Saturday, April 24, 2016. If Artist is absent within 30 minutes of the start of the event, the Promoter has authority to occupy or relocate the space without releasing Artist from any other terms of this agreement, or entitling Artist to any refunds of payment. Multiple Artists are not permitted to share exhibit space without prior approval from the Promoter. Items to be advertised or sold in table space must be listed on the Artist Application Form. Items to be advertised or sold should be appropriate for the theme of the Event (comics/sci-fi/pop culture), and created specifically by or for the Artist occupying the table space. Promoter reserves the right to refuse table space at its discretion to Artists or items that do not meet these criteria.
- Badges – Artist badges will be allotted based on the number of tables (see Artist Application Form). Badges are for Artists and their employees, and may not be sold, traded, or given away for any other purpose. Artist badges do not guarantee entrance to all Event activities. Artists may have the opportunity to purchase tickets to separately-ticketed functions.
- Adult Materials – Artist agrees not to sell or distribute “adults only” materials to minors. “Adults only” materials must not be displayed within sight of minors, or must be covered or obscured in such a way that is appropriate for public view. Artists wishing to sell weapons must obtain prior approval from Promoter and the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
- Bootleg Merchandise – Artist agrees not to sell bootleg or counterfeit merchandise of any kind. Artists possessing or selling bootleg/counterfeit materials do so at their own risk, and may be asked to leave or to cease sale of said materials.
- Utilities – Wireless internet will be included with the price of the booth. Electricity and other services/utilities are not included with table space, and must be ordered from the official contractor of the venue.
- Taxes/Permits – Artists are responsible for collection and payment of Sales Tax related to merchandise sold at their table space, and shall obtain any licenses, permits, identification numbers, or approvals under federal or local law applicable to its activities during the Event at its sole expense.
- Liability – Artist agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Promoter, sponsors, owners, the Rochester Riverside Convention Center, and the City of Rochester, and their respective officers, agents and employees, against all claims, losses, suits, damages, judgments, expenses, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) and charges of every kind arising out of or resulting from its execution of this License or its occupancy of the space herein contracted for by reason of personal injuries, death, property damages or any other cause sustained by any persons or others. Promoter shall not be responsible for loss or damage to displays or goods belonging to Artist, whether resulting from fire, storms, acts of God, air conditioning or heating failure, theft, pilferage, mysterious disappearance, bomb threats or other causes. All such items brought to the Exhibition are displayed at Artist’s own risk, and should be safeguarded at all times. Promoter will provide the services of a reputable security agency during the period of installation, show, and dismantling, and Artist agrees that the provision of such services constitutes adequate discharge of all obligations of Promoter to supervise and protect Artist’s property within the Exhibition. Artists may furnish additional guards at their own cost and expense, only with prior approval by Promoter. Artist agrees that Promoter shall not be liable in the event of any errors or omissions in Artist’s Official Directory listings or in any promotional material. Promoter makes no representations or warranties with respect to the number of Event attendees or the demographic nature of such attendees.
- Artist agrees to defer to Promoter’s authority on matters and disputes concerning third parties not covered by this agreement.
- This License contains the entire agreement between Promoter and Artist. It may only be modified in writing, signed by authorized representatives of both parties.